Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing
5 Cups White bread, diced
1 Lbs Turkey Sausage, ground
1 Cup Yellow onion, diced
¾ Cup Celery, small dice
2 ½ Tsp Dried Sage
2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, chopped
1 Sprig Fresh Thyme, chopped
½ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Ea Golden Delicious Apple, diced
¾ Cup Dried Cranberries
¾ Cup Chicken stock
4 Tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
3 Ea Eggs, whole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degree C). Spread the bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl.
2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors. Set aside and let cool the mixture cool.
3. Lightly grease and line the bottom of baking pan with parchment paper.
4. Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in chopped apple, dried cranberries, parsley, and eggs. Drizzle with chicken stock and melted butter, and mix lightly.
5. Spread the stuffing evenly on the baking pan and bake at 350 degree F (175 degree C) for approximately 30 minutes.
6. Let the stuffing cool for 10 minutes, then cut in squares and serve.